Things you hear/see about here: Everton. Houston Dynamo. US Soccer. Footy in general. Science fiction. Doctor Who. Star Wars. Battlestar Galactica. Harry Potter. Books. TV. Politics. Rants. Gingers. Cute things. Shameless plugs.
“My favourite way of spending some time is probably getting a nice strong cup of coffee and getting stuck into a book for an hour.” - Leighton Baines
1. They have Patrice Evra and so Baines would be back-up. Baines is 28, in his “prime” years and there’s no way United would spend big money on a back-up left back, and would Baines want to leave if he was only going to play 20 games a year as opposed to 40?
2. As stated above, what kind of money is Man Utd going to spend on a 28-year-old backup left back? Papers seem to think £12 million will be enough. HA!
3. United has other areas on the field to shore up first.
4. Baines is happy at Everton, will not ask for or force a move, and has three years left, so Man United can forget about a cut price.
5. £18 million is the LOW reasonable price I’ve heard. I think it’s more £22-23 million myself.
6. If we accept a bid, I’m sure Baines will leave. But we aren’t in as much a precarious situation this summer as last. We don’t HAVE to sell big players. And, from what I’ve heard, we will have a little money to spend this summer. Most of it, I’m sure, will be spent getting Pienaar back.
7. We ARE signing Pienaar. This is happening. This will make Everton even more reluctant to sell Baines because they’d be cutting out and good chunk of Pienaar’s effectiveness. Pienaar and Baines make each other better when they play together. This is fact.